Saturday, September 20, 2008

WT184 City View


My silhouette for challenge WT184 was inspired by what I THOUGHT I saw on a large ad at Kohl's (department store) the other day. I rushed over to get a closer look only to find that their scene was a spotlight (instead of the glare of the sun), speakers (instead of buildings) and teenager's arms (instead of plants). Aw, man! But I still loved what I THOUGHT I saw so here it is!

I masked off the bottom area where I wanted the buildings to end so that there would be no definite line to end the buildings. I just wanted them to fade into the green. All the sky (with buildings masked), green area, and dark colors in the front where sponged in a circular motion on SU Whisper White cardstock - this slick surface is a requirement to get that ink to move around!

Whenever I use silhouettes, I like to use a color other than black for the main image (here I used Night of Navy) and highlight all of one side of the image with a white gel pen and all of the opposite side with a fine black marker (Michelle Zindorf's inspiration coming out!).

My DS had his 6th birthday party today with his buddies at the local mini golf/go cart spot and I'm tired so...... just some simple cuts today for my sketch. It wouldn't be me if I left the scene whole!

Stamps: Seeing Spots, MFT Going Places, Essence of Love
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Ink: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Baja Blue, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Night of Navy, Black
Accessories: Copics, White Gel Pen, Fine Black Marker


Enjoy!
Michelle B.

1 comment: