Friday, September 12, 2008

WSC57 Halloween Mice


I started creating this for sketch challenge WSC57 and I kinda got carried away. I had to flip the sketch on its side to make it work. I love the image with the cutout part and I love the Kiwi paper with the Eggplant Guidelines but I’m not sure if I love the 2 things together.

I received this fabulous House Mouse image from Basketbrains (Thanks Stuffy!) over at the PIF Images thread.

I normally basecoat the image with Copics and then shade with my Prismacolor pencils and baby oil using a shade darker than the Copics. With this image I shaded with two different colors. For example, I basecoated the brick wall with my R37 Copic. Next I shaded with the Tuscan Red and Dark Brown Prismacolor pencils. I thought it gave much more depth and realism. On the pumpkin, I shaded with Pumpkin Orange Prismacolor pencil (I think) and I also added Tuscan Red to go even darker. Don't be afraid to experiment!

Stamps: House Mouse Bewitching Pumpkins, PTI Guide Lines
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Elegant Eggplant
Ink: Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor Pencils & Baby Oil


Enjoy!
Michelle B.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

cute image and coloring is adorable!