Thursday, September 4, 2008

SC192 Closet Full o'Dresses

Parts 1 & 2 of Sketch Challenge SC192 said walls and floor to me and I just kinda ran with it from there. I could have continued adding more and more details but I had to make myself stop!

The most important part of this piece in my opinion is the closet doors. I cut them approximately 1/2 " taller than they needed to be. Then I measured on the inside edge to 1/4". I then cut at an angle from the outside corner to that inside edge at the 1/4" mark. This gave me the angle on those doors that really brought them to life. I drew some rectangular panels onto the doors (notice they are straight in the middle but angled at top and bottom) sloppy on purpose (because I can't draw straight and was too lazy to get the ruler!). I highlighted the outside upper corners with my white Prismacolor pencil and the opposite corners with the Dark Brown Prismacolor pencil.

I plan to write "May your birthday bring you closets full of blessings" on the inside. Hmmmm, now what else could I put in a closet....tools, toys, etc.

Stamps: Gina K Retro Boutique
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Black, SU DP, GP 110
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versafine Black
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor Pencils



Enjoy!
Michelle B

1 comment:

JenMarie said...

LOOOOOVE this!!!!!!!!!!!!