Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mojo55 New Brayering


This was created for sketch challenge Mojo55. I also wanted to try Julie Buhler's new Easy Sunset Technique (an easy way to make brayered skies) which can be found here.

You have soooo got to try this technique. Julie created this to teach beginners and has had great success. I consider myself fairly decent with the brayer but I was able to increase my skill greatly by using this technique.

In this piece I actually used 3 different colors in my sky. Look how smoothly it flows from one to the next - you cannot see the changes! Awesome! Julie's tutorial shows 2 colors. I just did Julie's technique twice:

1. I brayered with Soft Sky & Baja Breeze on the top 2/3 of the card.
2. Then I brayered Baja Breeze and Pacific Point on the bottom 2/3 (the Baja Breeze overlapped itself).

Be sure you use a slick cardstock such as Stampin Up Whisper White, lots of ink (like ink up that brayer and roll it on the cardstock 5 X or so) and roll like crazy to get all this blending!

Stamps: See D's Silhouettes, Stampendous Many Sayings
Paper: Black, Whisper White, Soft Sky
Ink: Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Versafine Black
Accessories: Paper Piercer, fine black marker, brayer



Enjoy!
Michelle B.

No comments: