Tuesday, September 9, 2008

BIC22 Flowers in the Window


You knew I'd do another window didn't ya? This was created from the inspiration piece in challenge BIC22. I pulled the colors, the window, the table, the glass jar, and flowers from the inspiration piece.

The jar of flowers image came from Mountainmom (Thanks Imogene!) over at the PIF images thread.

The table was created by cutting out a long thin oval with my Cricut (longer than my paper was wide...I think it was 4 1/2"). I placed the oval over the Close to Cocoa paper and used it as a guide to cut the top edge of the table. I continued to hold that oval in place as I sponged Chocolate Chip ink to create the drop of the table. I sponged heavily to make it dark right at the mask and then I let it fade as I moved to the bottom of the card.

I'm still working on my clouds. I cut a makeup sponge into a somewhat round shape a little less than 1/2". I dabbed the sponge into the Whisper White ink. When I dabbed on my paper, I tilted the sponge so that more of the top hit the paper than the bottom. Then I used the sponge to pull the ink down and to the right (smeared). I highlighted the tops of the clouds with a white gel pen. When I love them, I'll do a tutorial. Ha!

Stamps: Lockhart Cottage Flowers
Paper: Bazzill Leapfrog (similar to Wild Wasabi), Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Soft Sky, GP 110 White
Ink: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: White Gel Pen, Copics, Prismacolor Pencils & Gamsol, Cricut


Enjoy!
Michelle

No comments: