Sunday, September 7, 2008

FS83 The Bird Bath



Featured Challenge FS83 inspired this creation. I choose to case this card by Card Crazy.

If you look at just the center of my card, it is a replica of Card Crazy's card (with the stamps I have available).

Things I changed:
1. I used different but similar themed stamps
2. I changed the sketch
3. I added a larger scene around the main image

This background was an experiment. I was looking to find a way to increase my speed. I usually brayer and sponge the background and then cut out all the images and stick them on the background. Today I stamped directly onto my final piece. As I had just used regular Georgia Pacific Cardstock, I sprayed the piece with clear acrylic sealer and then tried to watercolor with an aquapainter and ink refill. It wasn't quite dark enough for me so I went back around the edges and sponged on more soft sky. I'm not 100% sure I like the look but I will continue on my quest for speed (I currently have about 25 ideas in my sketch book just dying to get out!).

Stamps: CC Designs Sugarplums Oliva's Birdies, CC Designs Sugarplums Scenery , Stampendous Happy Messages,
Paper: The Paper Company Primary Blue (similar to Ballet Blue), Apricot Appeal, Bazzill Black, GP 110
Ink: Soft Sky
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor Pencils & baby oil, white gel pen



Enjoy!
Michelle B.

3 comments:

JenMarie said...

Lovely!

Alison H said...

Beautiful card!!

Amy said...

I am honestly going to have to try this... it looks great how its a picture in a picture!