Sunday, August 31, 2008

TECC31 Jolie in the Garden


For this week's Taylor's Cupcake Challenge (TECC31) I decided to put Jolie in the garden. I received this fabulous image from Anemone (Thanks Kelly!) over in the PIF Images thread.

During this project, I learned that I love my new Papertrey Ink Out on a Limb Revised set and that I love the color Ruby Red for fall.


My usual steps were used to complete this card.....cut, put it back together, then ink. I've been on the hunt for the PERFECT fence stamp and haven't yet obtained one so I drew this one in and here's how.

1a. Drew horizontal lines with a pencil to mark the top and bottom edge of my fence.

1b. Drew vertical lines with a pencil every 3/4" for the fence posts.

2. Used a scrap cut out with my Word Window punch (pictured in red) and traced with a pencil to form the top curve of my fence posts.

3. Used a fine black marker to go over the top horizontal line, the curved tops, and the vertical lines. I did this freehand - I did not use a ruler for this so that it would be someone what rough. I DID NOT trace the bottom horizontal line because I didn't want the black line to show through my grass later.

4. I then went back and erased all the pencil lines.

5. I scribbled some vertical lines to mimic the grain in the wood and even added a couple of spirals here and there for knots in the wood. I trace only the left edge with my W1 Copic and used my green Copics to "flick" some blades of grass along the bottom.

Stamps: High Hopes Jolie's Little Friend, Papertrey Ink Out on a Limb Revised, See D's A Word or Two
Paper: Ruby Red, Whisper White, GP 110
Ink: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Wild Wasabi, Virsafine Black
Accessories: Word Window Punch, Copics, BIC Markers, Prismacolor Pencils & Baby Oil, Fine Black Marker, Ribbon from Mike's, Cricut, White Gel Pen, Glitter Pen, Horizontal Slot Punch


Enjoy!
Michelle B.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Haha you are a genious! I am going to try the garden fence tomorrow night!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Michelle, What a great idea!! Thanks for detailed steps!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Amy said...

QUOTE: Amy said...
Haha you are a genious! I am going to try the garden fence tomorrow night! Sept 15 2008.

HEY! I never did try this... I am definately going to try it this time!