Sunday, August 17, 2008

Orchid Window


This is my first entry for Gina K's In the Spotlight Design Team Auditions.

For the Orchid: I received these lovely Orchid images from LuvLee (thanks Lee!). I first colored this image in soft Copic marker colors. I then did my shadows and highlights with Prismacolor pencils and baby oil. Finally, I cut the image out.

For the window pane scene: This time I didn't cut the pieces of my scene first. I chose to ink first because the scene and cuts were simple and because the pieces were so small. So I started off figuring out just about what size I wanted the window panes to end up and cut a piece of cardstock to size. Then ****very important**** I roughly divided that cardstock into 3 in my mind. This is another painting tip.....never divide your scene in half. Instead think in thirds and your results will be much more pleasing to the eye (and it fit perfectly into the window panes). So my three parts of this scene were the sky, the trees, and the grassy area. Lastly, I cut the pieces into panes (notice that I discarded the 1/8" strips between panes instead of discarding them. Again, this adds to the realism).

For the Window Ledge: Next I cut a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock to size. I attached the window pane pieces. I then took the piece to my Scorepal and scored a line just below the bottom window pane and folded that line towards the front a bit (see A). I then flipped the piece over and scored another line about half way between the bottom of the window panes and the bottom of the Chocolate Chip Cardstock. I folded this score line backwards a bit (see B). I sponged some Chocolate Chip ink over the area in the middle between A & B and attached the piece to my soft yellow card using pop dots under the window ledge for dimension.


Stamps: Gina K. Botanical Dreams, Lovely as a Tree
Paper: Bazzill, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Copic markers, Primsacolor Pencils & baby oil, pop dots, Scorepal


Enjoy!
Michelle B.

3 comments:

JenMarie said...

Gorgeous Michelle!

Janice M said...

Awesome card Michelle!! You are so very taleted!! Good Luck!

Yosha said...

This is georgeous! Thanks for all the tips with your posts!

One of these days, going to try out a window image like this!

Cheers