Friday, August 22, 2008

Jim Rocks


This is for my little brother's birthday because HE ROCKS! He's a way talented graphic artist/web designer by trade. He actually does play in a band too. And he is sooo funny! This scene was inspired by a children's cartoon I was watching last night (Fairly Odd Parents or Jimmy Neutron?). I LOVE to study how they do the backgrounds in cartoons. My kids always say "Wasn't that funny Mom?" and I have to reply that I have no idea because I totally wasn't watching the show....just the scenery! You'll be seeing more cartoon inspired scenes from me soon.

Thanks to Miss Boo for this cool Rock Star image from over at the PIF Images thread!

As usual, I cut the oval on my Cricut and then cut the spotlight piece in the center first. I stuck everything down on my Cricut mat and got to work.

For the crowd off in the distance, I colored some ovals with my Copics and then colored over them again with my Virsamark pen. Added clear embossing powder and a heat gun and I was ready to sponge Blue Bayou over the entire area and a little Night of Navy at the top and corners. I'm so messy with the embossing powder but those little stray white spots worked for this scene and I liked them.

The crowd in the front was an image from Lively Little Ones that I colored in solid black with a few White Prismacolor pencil highlights. Again, many of the images you already own can be used as the currently popular silhouettes!

The spotlight was done by sponging Soft Sky heavily at the top and softening as I moved down. I also added to the front of the oval. At the bottom of the spotlight and top of the oval, Blue Bayou was sponged. The darker color was used at the back of where the spotlight hits the stage.

Cutting the two vertical pieces out on each side was an afterthought so I did that last before assembly.

Stamps: A Muse Rock Star, Lively Little Ones
Paper: Real Red
Ink: Night of Navy, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Cricut, Copics, Prismacolor Pencils & Baby Oil, Virsamark Pen, Clear Embossing Powder


Enjoy!
Michelle B.

2 comments:

JenMarie said...

MICHELLE ~ how FAB*U*LOUS!!!

Sandy said...

This is totally adorable Michelle!! Love the spotlight and the "crowd".