Sunday, August 31, 2008

FS82 Riley in the Sand


Todays Featured Stamper over on SplitCoastStampers is NikiE. NikiE had several cards I liked and I had a hard time choosing. Time is limited today so I went for the quickest one (although nothing I do is quick!). Here is the card chose for inspiration.

I changed the following items:

1. The basic sketch-kept the circle but went vertical instead of horizontal
2. Removed the DP
3. Changed the cardback from Teal to Blue Bayou
4. Carried the main image all across the card
5. Only used one row of ribbon (and that's a lot for me!)

Wondering how I did the palm tree over on the left? With a clean Hammock Riley stamp, I used scotch tape to mask off the part of the stamp where the hammock meets the tree. I then inked up the stamp, pulled off the tape, and then went to the paper. Finally, I used a thin black marker to connect the lower part of the tree to the upper (where it had been masked).

I'm ok with this one....it's simpler than my usual scene and leaves me feeling it needs something off in the distance. Sometimes I just gotta make myself stop!

Stamps: Hanna Stamps Hammock Riley, Hanna Stamps, Things Hanna Would Say, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Blue Bayou, Whisper White, GP 110
Ink: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, River Rock, Close to Cocoa, Versafine
Accessories: SU Old Olive Ribbon, Cricut, Copics, Prismacolor Pencils & Baby Oil, BIC Markers, Fine black marker


Enjoy!
Michelle B.

No comments: