Thursday, August 14, 2008

SC143 Sara's Bday


This card was made for my niece Sara's 9th birthday. Although difficult to see in the photo, there is glitter all over the mermaid's tail and also in the bubbles. I received this images over on the PIF images thread from Miss Boo (Thanks Boo!). The sketch is from challenge SC143.

I brayered and sponged the background in my usual way....I cut all 3 pieces, stuck them onto my Cricut mat and sponged and brayered away. This ensures that the color is even and straight across the piece.

Now the Sea Floor Background was too small to fit on the card the way I wanted so I cut out the two groupings of rocks and plants to separate them into the side panels. During assembly, I used a fine blacker marker to draw in the little hills of sand and the dots.

Stamps: High Hopes Sea Floor Background, High Hopes Sweet Anabela, PTI Pond Life (bubbles), Hanna Stamps Things Hanna Would Say
Paper: Bazzill Mediteranean, Pink Passion
Ink: River Rock, Brilliant Blue, Cool Carribean, Soft Sky
Accessories: Glitter pen, white gel pen, fine black marker, prismacolor pencils & baby oil, copic markers


Enjoy!
Michelle B.

No comments: