Monday, December 22, 2008

Pink Penguin


I'm definately feeling better today. Even after watching my two nieces all day I had enough strength left to make a quick card.

DD still needed a Christmas card. She loves penguins and the colors pink and orange so I created this card and used Taylor's Cupcake Sketch #47. I've been wanting to do a pink winter card so this was my big chance.

This was also my first chance to use my new Angel Wings Shimmerz from my Secret Santa JenMarie (Thanks JenMarie!). Ooh, I love them and will be using them lots more! I haven't figured out how to photograph them yet but they are on the snowflakes, the ground under the penguin, and the clumps of snow on the penguin. I received this image from Blessingsx3 about a year ago (Thanks Janette!). Seems fitting that I use my Shimmerz on this image as Janette is the one who peaked my interest in Shimmerz in the first place!

Stamps: Whipper Snapper Ice Day Penguin, Merry & Bright, My Favorite Things Home for the Holidays
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, SU DP, Whisper White
Ink: Regal Rose, Whisper White
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils & babyoil, Angel Wings Shimmerz, white gel pen, icicle Stickles, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, misc snowflake punch, brad from unknown source, D’Vine Swirls Embossing Folder


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

2 comments:

JenMarie said...

Penguins and Pink, can't get any better!
This is so fabulous!
Yay for shimmerz! LOL

Joy said...

cute, cute, cute, cute!!!!!!!