Sunday, December 28, 2008

FS99 & Back to Myself


Ah, it feels good to get all the Christmas events done and get back to my regular life! This card was created for today's Featured Stamper Challenge and also is the first card for the 2009 Christmas Card Challenge. Of course, I was just looking for an excuse to use some of my new Christmas goodies! (unfortunately my DH is gone with the camera and I had to borrow DD's so it isn't my best photography!)

I choose to case this card. I changed 1) the color scheme (adding red and blue), 2) the sketch, and 3) changed out the scene by leaving an opening in the trees to highlight the beautiful deer.

I stamped the trees first (wow, do these stamp out awesome! They are so detailed and beautiful!). Then I sponged in the sky (using a mask at the ground and going over the trees a bit at the top). I stamped the deer in black. Then I stamped a second deer on a scrap,colored him in, cut his body out (no antlers), and stuck him onto the scene. The red frame was cut using my new Cricut Storybook Cartridge. Finally, I stamped a sentiment at the bottom and added some white gel pen highlights to the antlers.

Stamps: Flourishes Forest of Trees, Flourishes Sleigh Ride
Paper: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red
Ink: Old Olive, Baja Blue
Accessories: Copics, white gel pen, Cricut Storybook


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

No comments: