Thursday, December 18, 2008

Field of Tulips


OOh, this card is so gorgeous in person. I wish you could see it! I created this for SCS Sketch Challenge #207 and was INSPIRED by the CCDEC1308 Color Challenge (I used a ton of green not in the challenge so I can only claim to be inspired by this challenge - Hope you don't mind Ashley!).

I'm finally feeling a little better but when I went to make this card, I felt like I was in an episode of the Three Stooges make a card! I kept loosing things and making dumb mistakes!

I cut the center square out of a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and then put it back in to place on an old sticky Cricut mat (Cut then Ink Technique). I stamped just the tulips in Virsamark and then my color before going to the paper. I used Riding Hood Red ink near the bottom, Cameo Coral in the middle, and Pirouette Pink at the top (following the rule that things are more vivid when close to you and softer as they move further away). I covered with detail embossing powder and heated.

Then I sponged Baja Blue at the top and moved downward with River Rock, Kiwi Kiss, and finally Old Olive. Wipe the ink of the embossed areas when you are done!

Next I stamped the stems in the same color ink as sponged in the area (darker in front and lighter as I moved up). At the very top, I only touched the paper very lightly. Finally, I cut those 4 little side pieces out for the sketch and inserted a layer of craft under them.

Be sure you checkout Treehouse Stamps today, as they are now showing video tutorials on Thursdays! And be sure to check out all the fabulous new items they are adding to the store too!



***PLACE AN ORDER BETWEEN DECEMBER 10TH AND JANUARY 1ST TO BE ENTERED
TO WIN A $30.00 TREEHOUSE GIFT CERTIFICATE! ***


Stamps: Treehouse Stamps Single Tulip
Paper: Whisper White, Kraft
Ink: Baja Breeze, River Rock, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, Cameo Coral, Pink Pirouette
Accessories: detail embossing powder, Virsamark, heat gun


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

3 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

This is gorgeous Michelle! The colors are so vibrant! Fabulous layout too!
Glad you're feeling better! I am too... finally...I was pretty convinced I was dying at one point though! Here's to a healthy Christmas!

Janna said...

Another beautful card!!! I don't know how you do it!! I am glad to hear that you are on the mend!! I hope you continue on the road to recovery!!

Smiles,
Janna

Amy said...

This card is so pretty! I LOOOOVE tulips!