Sunday, April 26, 2009

FS116 Christmas Church


Wow, my mojo is a bit rusty as this is the first card I’ve made in a week! This is for today’s Featured Stamper challenge. I am behind on my Christmas Card Challenge so I HAD to make a Christmas Card today which really helped narrow down the choices. I eventually choose this card to CASE. I changed the sketch, the images (although I kept with the Christmas church & trees theme) and I changed the color scheme a bit. I had to keep the red ribbon as that’s what caught my eye in the first place!
I started by cutting and folding my Whisper White cardstock. I cut a mask out of a scrap using my Nesties. I used a post it note to hold the mask in place on the cardstock. I stamped the images. Then I stamped them again on Eclipse tape to make masks for them. After I cutout the Eclipse tape masks, I put them into position on the card. I used a torn piece of paper for my skyline and sponged away with Baja Breeze. I re-used my torn piece of paper to make some snow drifts like this with Soft Sky and also went around the bottom edge of the Nestie mask with Soft Sky. Finally, I colored the images and added glitter pen all over!
I don't know what happened over there on the right side! I tried a couple of different things and finally gave up and went with this. Wasn't exactly what I had in mind but I wanted to finish this card TODAY! Ha!
Stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs Holiday Lane, Snowfall, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Baja Breeze, Soft Sky, Momento black
Accessories: Copics, Nesties, glitter pen, ribbon from Mike’s, Eclipse masking tape

Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

2 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

WOW Michelle...I don't think your mojo is rusty at all! This is totally ADORABLE! Love it!

Carrie said...

This is gorgeous Michelle! Love it!