Sunday, April 5, 2009

FS113 Flower Silhouettes


Wow, getting stamping time this weekend was TOUGH! I worked on this in 5 minute increments all day today because that's all I could steal at a time! Ha!

I was so excited about Today's Featured Stamper Challenge because I knew Julie and I had similar tastes so I was going to have lots of cards to choose from! I was CASE-ing this card from JustWriteDesigns. What intrigued me was that the silhouette flowers were two different types of flowers with two different color inks. I thought it looked pretty cool so I wanted to give it a whirl. The three things I changed were 1) the sketch 2) I used swirls instead of flowers for the white inked portion 3) I used DP instead of dots for my background.

If I had this to do over, I would have used a large image for one color of ink and a small image for the other so it didn't look so "tangled".

Now, I had some questions about this last week so I'll elaborate a bit. I cut a piece of the DP that is 4 x 5.25". Then I sketched the placement of the two rectangles on the back. First I cut out the small rectangle with my paper cutter (this leaves a whole in the middle of the DP). Next I cut out the large the rectangle...well it isn't really a rectangle anymore as it has a "bite" out of it from the small square. It's really more of a "C" shape now. In a perfect world, I'd own all the Nesties and my cutting chores would be simpler (I must stop finding stamps to buy!). I promise a more elaborate tutorial on my Cut then Ink Technique soon!

After I'm all done cutting, I put the pieces back together like a puzzle and ink up! First I stamped the white swirls, then the navy flowers. Finally I highlight the navy flowers with White on the right edge and black on the left. Then I assemble inserting the navy layers and I'm done!

Stamps: Autumn Leaves Swirls V I, Essence of Love, See D’s A Word or Two
Paper: Night of Navy, Basic Grey Two Scoops
Ink: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: fine black marker, white gel pen, Nesties


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

5 comments:

Julie said...

Great job on this Michelle! And you are so descriptive with your directions. I just say "made a card, here it is, thanks for looking!" LOL

Lisa Foster said...

Beautiful Michelle!

Joy said...

this is gorgeous, I love it just the way it is!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

WOW! this is gorgeous Michelle!!!

Mere Deaux said...

Your card is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing the technique of making it.