Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tips n Tricks Tuesday # 8 - Acrylic Stamp Storage



Ahhhhhhhhh, I have reached that happy place in stamping where I need some storage solutions for my stamps. My acrylic stamps were a mess in a box. So I did some research and found this idea that I really liked. Now, you know I'm too cheap to buy more than one type of page protector sooooo.... I adapted this to work for me.


In this 3" binder I store clear acrylic stamps. (yep, the binder was reclaimed from a friend that was cleaning out her office and was going to throw a bunch of them out...you didn't think I bought it did you?) I keep them on that acetate like sheet that they are shipped in. I use glue dots to attach that acetate sheet to a piece of Georgia Pacific cardstock (sometimes more than 1 set to a page). I label the page and place them into a page protector. The stamps are, of course, sorted by manufacturer.



To use, I simply pull the page out of the sheet protector, open the acetate and remove the stamp I need.

I really like this solution because it is cheap, I can see the stamp sets, it is flexible for all the different size stamp sets, and I don't need to worry about any small stamps falling out and getting lost (they'll just fall into the page protector).

Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

PS: Yes, there is more than 1 binder of acrylic stamps! He he!

1 comment:

Lisa Foster said...

Cool Michelle! Good thinkin'! I LOVE how you are always able to have great storage solutions with out spending lots of money! I just never think of things like that...Thanks for showing us your fabulous idea once again!