Monday, June 1, 2009

Funny for my Sis

Side note: My little brother (an amazingly giftly artist and professional graphic designer) just left on his bicycle for a 1200 mile trip! If you'd like to hear about his adventures, you can check out his blog here.


As soon as I saw the sentiment in this set, I knew I'd have to get it for my sister. Even tho she lives several states away, I bet I'll be able to hear her laugh!!! I used Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge # 70.

I'm still experimenting with my Nesties and trying to increase my speed. So this time I figured out what size Nesties I'd need for my images and penciled in the sketch on the back of my cardstock. I airbrushed the background (you could get the same effect from sponging). Next I stamped just the leaves from the High Hopes Banana Tree in Old Olive. This gives the feel of a jungle without going thru all the work. I then cut out the shapes using my Nesties and paper cutter. The images were colored my usual way and cutout. The great thing here is that these were digi images so I was able to make that dinosour small enough for the circle. Finally, I assempled all the parts.

Stamps: CC Designs Eric and Chrissy Go Prehistoric (digi), High Hopes Banana Tree
Paper: GP 110, Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange
Ink: Old Olive, Momento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils and Goo Gone, Candle Light Shimmerz (on her bone)


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
"Queen of the Scene"

2 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

That is too cute! The sentiment goes so well with 'Pebbles'.

Amy said...

What a cute card! The colours are great, the stamp is adorable and I love the scene you created!