Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tips n Tricks Tuesday #16 - Photo Help # 2

I've already explained how I edit my photos most of the time (you can find that post here). Every once in a while that just isn't quite enough. So the other tool I use in GIMP is under the menu choices Color--->Curves.




Now the use of this tool is an ART, not a science, so I cannot tell you exactly what to do. Just get in there and play! Normally, I just grab that little handle near the lower arrow and move that around until I get what I like. Once in a great while, I might actually only adjust one color by changing the choice near the top arrow. For example, if the red is just too strong, I might go in here, choose red, and tone it down a bit. Here's a card before (you sick of this card yet?):


And after:

Those clouds are just a little more vivid.

Enjoy!
Michelle B.
"Queen of the Scene"

1 comment:

erections tumblr said...

This is such an interesting blog. You are very knowledgeable about this subject.
It's so important to realize that every time you get upset, it drains your emotional energy.