Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Look, Its Me!


I've always loved this image because it reminds me of myself when I was big into painting. I do own a little bit of designer paper and I've been trying to incorporate it into my scenes lately. I kid myself that it will be a faster way to cover a large area but I forget to add the "struggle time" I waste trying to make it work. For me, it would be easier to do the full blown scene! The sketch is from Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge TECC73. I actually made this card last week for the challenge but never had time to post it.....heavy sigh......


Colored this image my usual way. I made a mask using Eclipse tape and then sponged the Old Olive grass across the bottom. Next I sponged the clouds using Mother Mark's cloud tutorial (I am really loving this technique for some quick clouds!). I cut out the teddy bear painting using my Nesties (loving them!....again, saves me time in cutting) and then cut out the main image with my paper cutter. When I was laying the main images on the dp, they seemed to bright so I aged them a bit with some Creamy Caramel sponging around the edges. I stamped some sentiments in the blank area of pink at the top, assembled they card, and I was done!


Stamps: Sarah Kay Paint Me a Picture, Various sentiments from H&M Stamps
Paper: GP 110, Pixie Pink, Basic Gray DP
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Old Olive, Soft Sky, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils and Goo Gone, Nesties


PS: And how's this full time work thing going for me? I did really well up until today when I sat at my desk all morning fighting the tears. I don't know what triggered it but I was really missing my kids this morning. I've got some days off coming up soon so I'm looking forward to that.

Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

5 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

absolutely stunning,
Hugs
Angie

Sue from Oregon said...

another great card! Hope your day ended better than it did at work. I can relate to missing your family. Hang in there...you will find the right balance!

Gail said...

Great card! I love the colors (yah, because it's pink) I like how you did the panting!
Question... I read your post of how you color. Does the baby oil soak in?

Anonymous said...

I couldn't find a link to her tutorial-could you please explain? Your clouds are fab. I did dl your cloud mask. Thanks in advance.
Danielle
smithreneedanni@yahoo.com

trajenda said...

Much thanks to you for giving such significant data, and a debt of gratitude is for sharing this Business Promotion system.