Sunday, May 31, 2009

Triple Christmas Card Catchup

Here we are at the last day of the month with me hussling to get that monthly Christmas Card Challenge done! I had to do 3 today to complete the challenge. While I was grumbling to myself I thought "hey, better to only have to rush to do 3 today than to rush to do 60 in December, right?!?!" Then I felt better.

My first card was inspired by this card from Today's Featured Stamper, Rox71. I changed the sketch, the images just a bit (but kept the same feel), and I accidentally went WAY darker on the color scheme. The sketch was from this week's OCC challenge.


Stamps: A Muse Santa’s Silhouette, Lovely as a Tree
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky
Ink: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy, Black
Accessories: White gel pen, Sky Blue Ribbon from Pink Hedgehog

My next card was a "quickie" inspired by this card from Rox71. I left off the half circle embellishments, used different but similar stamps, and reduced the number of layers (sorry, I'm not so good and photographing shiny things!).

Stamps: Snowfall, Sincere Salutations, Autumn Leaves Swirls VI
Paper: Real Red, Silver metallic from Mike’s
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Silver detail embossing powder and Winter Wonderland embossing powder both from Mike’s, heat gun

And for my 3rd and final card....I started this one a while ago and just finished today. The sketch is based on Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge # 65. Normally, I center this floor image but for this sketch, I moved it as far to the left as I could. This made the floor draw your eyes right up to the kitty. If I had centered the floor, your eyes would have been confused as to where to go.


Stamps: High Hopes Callie Christmas Kitty, Digi Floor you can find here
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Riding Hood Red, Basic Grey Wassail DP
Ink:
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils and Goo Gone, glitter pen

Enjoy!

Michelle B.

"Queen of the Scene"

3 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Wow, the people on your Christmas list are going to love these - they're gorgeous!!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Great cards Michelle!! I need to get started on some of mine but I have a hard time stamping a Christmas card in 90 degree weather!LOL!!

Tammy said...

Michelle girl...you have out done yourself again! The cat on your floor is way to cute. I'm totally in love with the night Christmas card. WOW...it's so amazing. Great job!