Wednesday, June 17, 2009

SC233 Gardening


Bright and early this morning I'm up to do the SCS sketch challenge. I think it took me a half hour at the stamp table before I was really awake! Now I'm rushing to get this posted and get to work.

I used my Cut then Ink Technique (with Nesties) to cut the sketch. Then I tore a mask for the dirt area. I used an old mask for the top line where the ground meets the sky. I sponged in some Creamy Caramel for dirt. I then moved the mask around a little and sponged Close to Cocoa and even a little Chocolate Chip to get the rough texture of the dirt. Next I sponged in the Old Olive grassy area. It was a little boring so I added the tufts of grass. Finally I sponged the sky in Soft Sky with a little Baja Breeze in the top corners. Again, I felt this was a little boring, so I added some of my clouds. You can pick up my cloud shape here. Inserted all the frames behind the elements of the sketch, glued everything down, and I'm done and off to work!

Stamps: Sugar Nellie Planting Some Love, CC Designs Sugarplum Scenery Set
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Momento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copics, Nesties, White prismacolor pencil, blender pen (to color in the areas I didn’t cut out!)


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

7 comments:

Kim said...

Amazing Michelle. Your cardmaking is just outstanding!!!

Tammy said...

Just when I think it can't get any better you pull it off again!
This is fantastic!

Denise said...

Wow, just found your blog, and you have such Beautiful work of art!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, this card is stunning! It's so gorgeous.

Joy said...

i love this, it's sweet!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
renvela tab 800mg said...

This is a very useful post shared by you.Thanks for providing such a valuable information with us.