Sunday, June 14, 2009

Father's Day Balloon


Needed to make a Father's Day card today so I looked for some inspiration in Today's Featured Stamper's Gallery (FS123) and I found this card.

What got my attention is that there is nothing but sky around that butterfly. I love to add tons of details to my scenes but my time is at a premium lately. I thought this might be a way to use my new hot air balloon stamps without spending tons of time on the background. I kept the same simple sky as the featured stamper but I changed the main stamp, the sketch (used Mojo90), and the color scheme.

I am also still struggling to learn to use DP so here was another little DP experiment. I think I would have liked it better if the plaid had more blue in it but its ok.

Stamps: Verve Up, Up, & Away, Sentiment from The Angel Company
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, DP from Treehouse Stamps
Ink: Bashful Blue, Creamy Caramel (shading on the balloon dp), Momento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copics, Nesties


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
"Queen of the Scene"

2 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

Fantastic Michelle! Great job with the paper piecing! You rock like always, Girl! Hugs, Lisa

Emily Leiphart said...

I love how you set the balloon against the beautiful sky!!