Wednesday, June 10, 2009

SC232 Anniversary

Today's sketch challenge was perfect for an anniversary card for DH – 13 years this weekend! I was a little sloppy with my sky here but I can’t stress over it….gotta get to work!

Even though I just bought some new tree stamps, I decided to do bushes here. Ha! I masked off the area with torn paper.I sprayed the medium green over the entire area (you can do the same thing with sponging). Then I sprayed a darker green just across the bottom. Finally, I went in and just pressed the brush tip (point up) into some leaf shapes in 2 different colors. If I hadn't been so sloppy, I think I would like the bushes.

The dirt road is sprayed in a light brown and then I used a torn paper mask and sprayed some darker hills. Again, anything I do with the airbrush, you can also do with sponges (so far as I've seen anyway).

Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Lily & Billy Sweetheart
Paper: GP 110, Brilliant Blue
Ink: Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Copics & Airbrush System, Prismacolor pencils and Goo Gone, Nesties

Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

7 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary, Michelle. Your card is beautiful!

Tammy said...

This is so crazy fun! I love this Michelle.
Hugs for the sweet Magnolia RAK and Card - you're the best girl!

Hugs
Tammy

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Fabulous scene Michelle! love Lily and Billy! I left something on my blog for you!

Lori said...

Congratulations Michelle!!! Your card is too cute!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your card. That blue is fabulous!!

Curt in Indy said...

Hello there! I just found you from visiting Sue's blog. She is right, you are very talented. I've had a great time looking through your wonderful work! Great stuff! Can't wait to see more! Best, Curt

Joy said...

soooooooooo cute!