Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tips n Tricks Tuesday # 15 - Shading when Paper Piecing

Hey, just because you are paper piecing doesn't mean you shouldn't take a minute to add some shading. I shade and highlight just as I would if I had colored the area in.


Here's a picture of a card I made with paper piecing and NO SHADING/HIGHLIGHTING to the paper pieced areas:



Now, here's the same card after I ADDED SHADING/HIGHLIGHTING to the tray, and jacket (and the scarf needed something too):

I think it really adds a lot of dimension to the piece (and you know I like that)!

Enjoy!
Michelle B.
"Queen of the Scene"

2 comments:

Dishtowel Dame said...

I have always loved that chef stamp. He looks awesome paper-pieced, and even more awesome with the shading added. Nice card!

Lori said...

Awesome Michelle!!! You do such amazing work!!
Hugs!!!