Saturday, June 27, 2009

IC186 Beachy Inspired

My kids are both having sleepovers so I needed something to keep me awake while I waited for them to fall asleep. Luckily, the inspiration challenge was posted. When I looked thru the inspiration gallery, I saw a couple of common themes: girls, polkadots words over everything (eek, even the pretty girls face!). I choose this pic as my inspiration.
I airbrushed the background (you could sponge or brayer) using paper as masks. Then I stamped the sentiment in black. Next came some "waves" with the white gel pen. I stamped a few dots (prolly too many but that's ok). I drew in a few sand dunes for Bella to stand on. I colored Bella my usual way, cut her out, and glued her onto the piece. She needed a little sparkle, so I added some sparkle with a glitter pen. Yep, I chickened out and couldn't put any words over Bella's face!
Stamps: Stamping Bella Betty Bombshell, Stamping Bella Sentiment, Treehouse Stamps Butterfly Kisses (for those little dots)
Paper: GP 110, Tangerine Tango
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Tangerine Tango, Riding Hood Red, Green Galore, Pixie Pink
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils and Goo Gone, Copic Air Brush System, Fine black marker, White gel pen, Glitter pen
Enjoy!
Michelle B.
"Queen of the Scene"

1 comment:

Emily Leiphart said...

I love that! Wow, that beach is calling to me. LOL