Wednesday, July 22, 2009

SC238 I need a Couch Day!



I just received my new couch set from Papertrey Ink. I couldn't wait to use it since I am in serious need of a couch day myself! I messed something up at work yesterday...bad enough I cried! Ug! So today's sketch challenge was just right for this set.

This card probably would have been pretty quick if I hadn't spent 30 minutes picking out the cardstock colors! Maybe doing blue skies and green grass every time isn't so bad!

I stamped the rug in Baja Breeze and the table in Chocolate Chip. I added a bit of shadow to the table with a fine black marker. The books and couch were colored with Copics and pieced in. The coffee cup and pillows were stamped on cardstock, shadowed with Copics, and pieced in. There was a lot of solid green showing so I stamped a little flourish in each corner with Virsamark, sponged the edges, and swiped the sponged across the front of the green.

Stamps: Papertrey Ink On the Couch, Papertrey Ink On the Couch Additions, Papertrey Ink Guidelines
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze, Regal Rose, GP 110
Ink: Virsamark, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Momento Tuxedo Black, Accessories: Copics, White Prismacolor Pencil

Enjoy!

Michelle B.

"Queen of the Scene"

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

OMW, this is just soooooo cute! Those little pillows look real enough to snooze on!

Antje said...

Love that... great scene! Need to get that set too... you just made my decision - wonderful work!

Carrie said...

This is gorgeous! Sorry you had a bad day at work! Big Hugs! I love these new PTI sets!

Emily Leiphart said...

Ooooh, great scene! I need a couch day, too! I'm so envious you have this set now. ;)