Sunday, July 12, 2009

Come On In!


Hiya! So glad to find some time to do this card today (because it came out even better than the vision in my mind!). My inspiration came from this card in today's Featured Stamper gallery. I also tried to simplify from my usual style and didn't do so much coloring and cutting (well maybe a little less than usual! Ha!). The three things I changed were the color scheme a bit by adding more red, I added a garden around the window, and I left off the sentiment.

I started by stamping the window image on some kraft cardstock just for placement. Then I stamped my tree branch and the flowers. I used a blender pen to add a little bit of the next darker shade on the branch, flowers, and leaves for depth.

I got the idea for this fabulous siding from Michelle Zindorf's blog here. I turned my project upside down when I sponged in the darker color so it would look like shadows under the piece of siding. Here's what I mean:



I stamped the window onto red cardstock and cut out the pieces where glass would be. I stamped the window yet again onto some very vanilla cardstock for inside the house. It was a bit too bright so I toned it down by sponging on some Old Paper ink. The cupcakes are stamped on this layer and colored with Copics. I assembled everything to complete.

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Out on a Limb revised, Window Dressing, Love Blooms, Pink Cat Studio Limitless Limbs (cupcakes)
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Bazzill Kraft, Very Vanilla, SU DP
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Old Paper Distress Ink, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Rose Red, Bravo Burgundy, Momento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copics, blender pen


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

3 comments:

JenMarie said...

Absolutely FABULOUS Michelle!!

Christyne said...

BRILLIANT!!! Absolutely BRILLIANT! I think I'll have to add this card to my repertoire!

Emily Leiphart said...

I really love this! The siding is fabulous and the tiny flowers are so pretty. I love how simple the overall look is. I can smell those cupcakes on the ledge! LOL