Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Princess of the Pond


Lily is hanging out in the pond for today’s sketch challenge. I think I would have liked this a lot if I hadn’t been so sloppy in lining things up in the back…especially that frog in the upper left. I can honestly say that today was the first day I have ever felt like I needed a big honkin' flower up in the upper left corner! Unfortunately, I don't own any. That's what I get for rushing to work....gets in the way of my creativity! (notice I didn't say that if I had gotten out of bed the first time the alarm went off that I'd have had plenty of time! ha!)

I started out by stamping the lily pads and flowers (filled them in with ink and blender pen) and embossing them. Then I inked the sky and pond using bashful blue. For the horizon line, I held a scrap of paper across and sponged some tempting turquoise across and blended it down into the water. I used a Nestie to cut out my main image panel. I "eyeballed" the placement of the lily pads and flowers on the blue and green layers (wished I'd have used my Stamp-a-majig!) and stamped them with Virsamark. Lily is totally colored with Copics and cut out. I outlined Lily's wings with glitter pen. I also added glitter pen at the base of her flower and smudged it upwards with my finger. Assembled everything and I'm off to work!

Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Enchanted Lily, Papertrey Ink Pond Life
Ink: Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red, Pixie Pink, Green Galore, Gable Green
Paper: GP 110, Whisper White, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Copics, Nesties, Glitter Pen, Virsamark pad, Virsamark pen, clear detail embossing powder, heat gun, blender pen


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

3 comments:

Carrie said...

This is adorable Michelle!

Sue from Oregon said...

How darn cute! hmmm...I am going to have to start planning my next Michelle B inspiration card LOL!

Emily Leiphart said...

I can't believe you made this before going to work. Wow, you are good!! This is also one of my favourite PCS stamps. Heck, I love them all! :)