Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hats off Graduates!

Last night was my DD's dance recital. We were out late so I just couldn't get up for the sketch challenge today. Maybe later...

Recently I made some graduation cards (but didn't have time to post them before now!). I started with the sketch from Taylor's Cupcake Sketch #69. The first card, for a boy, is only two layers....the grey rectangle and scallops are the card base showing thru. The second card, for a girl, is more "fussy" with multiple layers and more color (yellow).

To make these scenes, I stamped the graduation hats, colored, and embossed them using clear detail embossing powder. I used a new sky technique I've been wanting to try. You can find the instructions here. I like its natural look but I had to think about the shapes a bit so I was slow. I'm sure I'll get faster as I gain more experience with this technique.



Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Lily & Billy Accessories
Paper: GP 110, Basic Grey, Summer Sun
Ink: Going Grey, Distress Ink Broken China
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils and Goo Gone, Nesties



Enjoy!

Michelle B.

"Queen of the Scene"

No comments: