Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Caribbean Penguin


I created this bright and early this morning for Sketch Challenge 228 and the ongoing Christmas Card Challenge. Wow I was sleepy this morning. I thought I had a Baja Breeze cardbase but later realized it was Cool Caribbean. Hey, I think it worked just fine after all! The only thing I'd change here is to move that large snowflake a little to the right so there was more of the base showing on the left edge (like the sentiment).

Testing out my new Nesties, I used a pencil to trace over where they should be cut out on the back. Next I embossed the snow dots on the front by stamping with Virsamark and then covering with clear detail embossing powder (you must you the "detail" kind!). I masked off the ground area with a torn piece of paper.I sponged Soft Sky all over the sky area, then Baja Breeze (not all the way to the center), and then Pacific Point in just the upper corners and edges. Then I cut out the rectangles with my Nesties, inserted some Pacific Point, and adhered everything down.

Here is how I color.

Here is how I make snow drifts.

Here is how I cut out my scenes.

Stamps: Whipper Snapper Warm Penguin,Itty Bitty Backgrounds,The Cat’s Pajamas Candyland Christmas (sentiment)
Paper: Cool Caribbean, Pacific Point, Whisper White, GP 110
Ink: Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils and Goo Gone, Cuttlebug Snowflake, Nesties, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Virsamark Pad, Heat Gun, Angel Wingz Shimmerz (on snowflake and ground)

Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Hi Michelle
This is super cute. I just love your layout approach to cards.
Great Job!