Monday, May 25, 2009

FS120 Sunset Silhouette




This is for Featured Stamper FS120 (although I'm a bit late!). I was inspired by this creation. I changed the sketch (and used the sketch from challenge TECC69), I changed the stamp set but stayed with a similar floral silhouette, and I also added some darker, more vivid colors to the original soft color scheme.
This background is all airbrushed. I am finding that airbrushing backgrounds isn't much different than sponging them in the way I mask. I masked of the green grass area at the bottom and sprayed it. I then sprayed in the pink circular shape for the sunset. Finally I sprayed the blue sky around. I stamped my images in Night of Navy. I thought it needed to be a little darker across the bottom so I sponged some Night of Navy there. I used my nesties to cut out the rectangle in the center and also for the scalloped corner. I matted all the images and adhered together to finish.
Stamps: Essense of Love
Paper: GP 110, Night of Navy, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories: Copics & Copic airbrush system, Nesties, white gel pen, fine black marker
Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

1 comment:

Lisa Foster said...

Wowza! How stunning! This is very elegant and I absolutely love it!! Hope you're doing ok adjusting to the new work schedule...I've been thinkin' about ya! Hugs, Lisa