Thursday, March 12, 2009

WT209 Doctor Lily


I’ve had this lily in my inky little hands for a couple of days but I wasn’t sure yet how I was going to use it. A little trip to the doctor office this morning provided the answer. There on the wall was a set of prints that looked very much like this card.

I didn’t think I was going to be able to enter today’s challenge because I couldn’t think of anything I could reuse this morning. When I was almost done here, I was thinking it looked a little flat. I added the ribbon but it still wasn’t quite right. I decided what it needed was more dimension – maybe put that center lily up on pop dots. Lucky for me…my first attempt at this didn’t make it to completion so I simply cut the lily out from that failed attempt and reused it on this card.

This lily image will be available thru Treehouse Stamps tomorrow (3/13/09)!


I started out by stamping the center lily (putting my stamp into the Virsamark pad first, then the Chocolate Chip ink, and finally to the paper). I heat embossed it with clear detail embossing powder. I masked this guy off and stamped the other two lilies. I colored them my usual way. After coloring, I used the Virsamark pen to fill in the images completely and them embossed them with the clear detail embossing powder.
Next I used posted it notes to mark off the Chocolate Chip area. I roughly sponged Creamy Caramel on the right and bottom. I wanted it really rought so I also drug the pad thru the area and then softened that a bit with my sponge. Finally, I masked off the Creamy Caramel area and sponged in the Chocolate Chip, going heavier at the edges and lighter towards the center. I added the ribbon (twisting it before I adhered it) and put that repurposed lily up on pop dots in the center.


Stamps: Treehouse Stamps My Mom
Paper: Whisper White, Apricot Appeal, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils and Goo Gone, clear detail embossing powder, heat gun, Versamark pad, Virsamark pen, ribbon from Pink Hedgehog, piercing tool


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

1 comment:

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Oh this is GORGEOUS Michelle!!!! I LOVE it girl!! Good thing you went to the Dr today!LOL!