Saturday, March 14, 2009

1st Birthday Cupcake



Did you ever feel like you weren't going to have time to make a card ever again? That's kinda how I've been feeling. Tomorrow is my niece's first birthday party and I thought this new cupcake image from Treehouse Stamps called Birthday Cupcake was perfect for her!


Now, you know me. I couldn't just slap that cupcake on the card and call it done. I had to add 101 details! Ha! So, first I created the table by sponging a little Certainly Celerly ink along an oval shaped mask. You can learn more about how I make tables here. Next I sponged a little Pretty in Pink ink on the upper corners of a piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock for my wall.


The cupcake wrapper was stamped on some Basic Grey DP (also available from Treehouse Stamps). You can't really tell in the picture but I ran some score lines along the creases in the cupcake wrapper using my Score-Pal. I used a little Dark Brown Prismacolor Pencil along the top and sides of the wrapper for shadow. This was pieced onto the main card. I stamped the cupcake top on Chocolate Chip paper and cut out just the "cake" portion and layered that onto my main card. Finally, I stamped the cupcake one more time on Georgia Pacific 110 Cardstock. The candle and flame were colored my usual way. This piece was placed a little higher than indicated on the original stamp so I could let a little "cake" hang out. Then the fun began....I used White Opal Liquid Pearls for the icing. I covered the candle in Glossy Accents for a shiny waxy look. I added Candle Light Shimmerz to the flame. The sentiment banner was hand cut and the center is curved out a bit.


What was I so busy doing all day? I also made my niece's cake


and her little mini cake that she can dig her hands into:


Stamps: Treehouse Stamps Birthday Cupcake
Paper: Certainly Celery, Pirouette Pink, Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, GP 110, Basic Grey DP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink,
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils and Goo Gone, Score-Pal, White Opal Liquid Pearls, Glossy Accents, Candle Light Shimmerz

Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”







I

No comments: