Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Garden Path




As soon as I saw the sketch, this little angle on the bottom right looked like a path to me. So, Ian’s taking a little walk thru the flower garden today! If I don't immediately see a scene in the sketch, I'll turn it 1/4 turn until I "see" something.
I intended to cut off his head and place it in the box but he was just too cute…I couldn’t do it. So he is still in one piece and I let his neck and body go over all the layers. In trying to put a little shadow under his body, I think I created a pothole on the path! Ha! This cute image is available thru Treehouse Stamps.
Most of the usual stuff here:
How I get my layers to line up: The Cut then Ink Technique
The flower stemps are a punch from EK Success. The flowers are punched with a Stampin' Up punch and the flower centers were punched with my Cropodile. I could have just glued these punched pieces on but...I think they look really cool and have a lot more dimension by adding a dark Copic marker line along the left side and a little white highlight from a white Prismacolor pencil on the right.
Stamps: The Greeting Farm Hello Ian available at Treehouse Stamps
Paper: Whisper White, Taken With Teal, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Bazzill
Ink: Baja Breeze, Soft Sky, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Summer Sun
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils and Goo Gone, punches from Stampin’ Up and EK Success, Cropodile
Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

4 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

This is ADORABLE!!! Love the pathway!!! He is colored to perfection!

Lisa Foster said...

Adorable! Fantastic scene! I love the punched flowers!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Michelle you did a fabulous job on the sketch!! Love this scene and Ian is too cute!!

Joy said...

This is one of my favorite GF stamps, I looove him and the colors on this card!