Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mojo78 Lizzie in Red




I've had Lizzie and this house colored for quite a while waiting for just the right sketch and that time is now. The sketch from Mojo78 was perfect for this scene.

I colored my usual way. I get the various layers of the scene to line up by using my Cut then Ink Technique. The sky was sponged. Depth was created in the trees by first stamping in Old Olive (a lighter green) and then stamping darker trees in the front (Garden Green).

When I paint snowdrifts, I'll actually turn my piece upside down while I'm painting them. I ink them in a similar way. Most people put a line of blue at the peak of their snowdrifts. I like to make my drift white with a blue shadow behind it. Very realistic! I use a torn piece of paper as the mask and I actually mask off the white peak of the drift. I sponge along the top of the mask (or I guess that would be the bottom if you've turned your piece upside down). Did that make sense? NOTE TO SELF: Need visual tutorial of snow drifts! Of course, you can’t have snow without Angel Wingz Shimmerz on the drifts! And how ‘bout a little more Shimmerz on those windows!

Stamps: Whiff of Joy Lizzie with Muff, H and M Stamps Old English, Rubbernecker Kittie Kits The Moose Is Loose
Paper: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red
Ink: Soft Sky, Old Olive, Garden Green
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils and Goo Gone, Glitter Pen, Angel Wingz Shimmerz


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

10 comments:

Anjou Krelovich said...

Just stunning Michelle! Perfect image for this sketch!

JenMarie said...

Oh wow, just beautiful!

Lisa Foster said...

Fantastic! This is another favorite!!! I do love the way you make snowdrifts! Really? Will you do a tut on them? Cool!

Amy said...

Michelle, this card is great! I love the little house.. makes a great scene

Steph said...

WOW!! what a beautiful card. wonderful job:)

Emily said...

Very clever take on this sketch Michelle! Your coloring is excellent!

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is really cute - love it

Terri Trotter Earley said...

WOW!!! This coloring is wonderful. Nice job on the sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Regina Mangum said...

This card is simply stunning! You are so talented. Beautiful!

Diana said...

I would love to Know what and where are Hand M stamps HELP!!!
Hugs
Diana