Saturday, March 7, 2009

Get Well...or Else!


I have loved this little medicine man since I first saw him. He cracks me up! My colors were inspired by this piece from today’s inspiration challenge. The sketch is from Beate’s WSC71. I also added some Basic Grey fibers to his hair for the “That Fuzzy Feeling” High Hopes Challenge (Thanks to Deb for sending me those for Christmas!)

All my usual things here except the jungle. I really like how this turned out even though I was keeping it simple. I sponged Kiwi Kiss over the jungle area. Then I stamped the banana leaves (just the top) in Old Olive (Thanks to JenMarie for sending this stamp to me for Christmas!). I did mask some leaves off (quickly with some torn sticky notes) and stamp a few more leaves. Then I sponged some Old Olive along the bottom of the jungle. I think it's cool and a bunch of colored jungle leaves would have really taken away from my little man and his brew.

How I color.
How I get my layers to line up: Cut then Ink Technique.

Wondering where I've been all week? Well I've been dog sitting a 75 lb dog. Now remember I have a little tiny 15 lb dog. It's been a busy week of petting, feeding, walking, repeating!

Now I'm off to DD's dance competition for the rest of the day! Enjoy your Saturday!

ETA: Oops! I forgot the "recipe"
Stamps: High Hopes Medicine Man, High Hopes Bubbling Brew, High Hopes Banana Tree
Paper: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Baja Breeze, Soft Sky, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils and Goo Gone, Fibers from Basic Grey

Enjoy!
Michelle B.
"Queen of the Scene"

PS: In case you are wondering....no, I didn't make a High Hopes Guest Designer spot. My style just isn't what design teams are looking for. And I'm ok with that because I like what I do and wouldn't change it for anything!

6 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a riot this card is!! Love your scene, and I so love your style!!

Leigh Anne said...

awesome Medicine Man!!! love it Michelle

OK so my "nonsense word" for posting this comment was uming - I think that COULD be a real word LOL ;)

Lisa Foster said...

He's just awesome...I left a little comment on SCS.

I was wondering about the HHGD...I am so sorry...I thought for sure you would get it since your scenes are so amazing...and unique! I guess I don't know what it is they are looking for...They're Loss! I LOVE your style and don't you dare change it!{Hugs}

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Love this Michelle!! Too cute!! Dont feel bad I didnt make it either!

JenMarie said...

CUTE!!!
Congrats on your Zindorf win!! :)

Anne Essex said...

Fab fun card. Anne E