Friday, February 20, 2009

Maybe I'll try this......


or this.....or this....or maybe that!

So I started this card last Monday for the High Hopes Challenge #18 to make an Easter Card (but I don't have any High Hopes Easter Images....yet) so I had to revert to Spring. I then combined this with this weeks Mojo Monday #74 sketch challenge. And hey if you wait around long enough, you can mix in another challenge: Today's Ways to Use It Challenge to use Stripes. No seriously, I have been fussing with this card since Monday and just said tonight I have to "get 'er done" no matter what. So, she's done...not my favorite...but she's done. I AM pleased with the coloring and the way my hand drawn grass looks at the bottom.

I took a quick pick of the parts of this card before I assembled so you can see how I did it. I used a full sheet of DP behind the images...guess that's kinda backwards. I've gotta experiment sometimes to ensure I don't miss any great ideas!



Stamps: High Hopes Jolie’s Little Friend (Thanks Anemone!), High Hopes Branch
Paper: Whisper White, Blue Bayou, Stampin’ Up DP in Baja Breeze
Ink: Baja Breeze, Soft Sky, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils and goo gone, fine black marker, ribbon from unknown source, Brides Confetti (flower) from Mike’s, rhinestone from Limelight (colored purple with Copics), Angel Wingz Shimmerz


Oh, and check out my new watermark! I've been wanting to do this for a while. I always sign my paintings with my initials, MLB, all connected in a logo kinda form. So I finally turned that into a watermark for my photos tonight. Hooray!

Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

2 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

Very pretty card! Love the colors and perfect for the HHC18, Mojo74, WT206...and I think, if I'm not mistaken...you could put it in today's Limited Supply challenge too...you just have to use green.. I'd say you're in!
Love your grass :)
Your watermark looks very nice too..great job!

Tammy said...

Oh if were only warm enough to actually be this little girl.
I love the idea of your card. I like that it really pushes you to think outside of the norm.
Great Job I love it.