Tuesday, February 10, 2009

CC205 Butterfly Peek


I'm feeling a little better. I think the flu is mostly gone but the bronchitus is going to linger a while as bronchitus usually does.

Today I get to share a sneak peak of a new set coming from Treehouse Stamps on Friday at 12:01 am called Butterfly Kisses. I'm also trying out my new Nesties Label 1 also from Treehouse Stamps.

I usually stay away from color challenges as 3 colors are just not enough for me but I was trying to keep things simple and easy today so 3 colors suddenly looks pretty good to me! The little flowers in the grass were stamped with Virsamark and then embossed with clear detail embossing powder and a heat gun before the Kiwi ink was added. The pink sky is just sponged. Whenever I stamp a silhouette like this butterfly, I like to add a little black fine marker on the left side and a little white gel pen on the right to make him appear to pop off the page a bit.

Stamps: Treehouse Stamps Butterfly Kisses
Paper: Whisper White, Perfect Plum
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Nestabilities Label 1, fine black marker, white gel pen, Virsamark pad, clear detail embossing powder, heat gun


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
"Queen of the Scene"

3 comments:

JenMarie said...

So glad you are feeling a bit better!
This is totally STUNNING!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

so pretty Michelle! Great job w/the colors!!

Janna said...

I love it! You did a great job with the color challenge and I love the layout of the card! Thanks for the tip too on how to create dimension!

Glad you are starting to feel better!

Smiles,
janna