Saturday, February 28, 2009

Choppers at Sea


I was able to squeeze a lot into this card: High Hopes Challenge # 19 to use sponging (was that perfect for me or what!), got my beachy/ocean theme from today's inspiration challenge using this piece, the sketch was from Taylor's Cupcake Challenge # 57 and finally, I used this card as my example for the next edition of Tips and Tricks Tuesday (hint, hint).

I used my usual Cut then Ink Technique to ensure all my layers line up. I sponged Baja Breeze over the entire piece of Whisper White cardstock. Then I masked off my ocean line with a torn piece of GP 110 cardstock and sponged Pacific Point in. I went heavier with the Pacific point at the horizon line (where the water meets the sky) and softer as I went down to the bottom of the card so it didn't look flat. I also added some white gel pen "ripples" and also some glitter pen waves which I smear with my fingers to leave a softer line of glitter. The clouds were sponged my usual way. Choppers was colored my usual way and glued on. I also added some glitter pen to the ice cubes. Finally, I cut the red layers, added the brads, assembled, and I'm done!

Stamps: High Hopes Choppers Chilaxin’
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red
Ink: Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Whisper White
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils and Goo Gone, White gel pen, glitter pen, brads from Pink Hedgehog


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

No comments: