Sunday, February 1, 2009

DH's Bday Kitchen


DH's Bday is today! He's been really interested in the Food Network on TV lately and trying out some new cooking techniques (yeah me!). He even asked for a kitchen gadget for his bday and of course, I bought it for him. So, I thought this called for a cooking kinda card. I had some huge ideas for this kitchen but was making it soooo complicated. Then while searching for some inspiration in Microsoft clipart (search for kitchens) I came across one that was just perfect and here is my version.

Another apology - my DH decided to hang dry wall over the unfinished walls in our basement to make it nicer for me down there but that means I had to move my light box again. OH NO! Another week of bad pics coming again!

The "counter" was a piece cut from my Cricut and then I trimmed the sides and top off. I also trimmed that point in the middle so it was shorter. The cabinets are hand drawn.

Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Dress Up Billy, Pink Cat Studio Lily and Billy Accessories Plate 1, Flourishes Summer on the Patio,
Paper: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Going Grey, GP 110
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Copics, white Prismacolor pencil, Cricut Storybook, fine black marker


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
"Queen of the Scene"

7 comments:

Cheryl B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl B. said...

What a great card! My DH does most of the cooking around here so that would be a good card for me to make for his BD.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Cute card Michelle!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!!

Lisa Foster said...

This is awesome! Love your cabinets and the shadow images behind Billy. I hope your hubby had a great birthday!

Anjou Krelovich said...

How cute! I love men that cook. Wish him a very happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

How cute!! Simple and yet it conveys it all. Nice card.

Janna said...

Michelle this is amazing!!! I love the kitchen and the way Billy is incorporated into it! Wow, wow! Those cabinets though actually look like they would open!! They have so much dimension!

I have a question for you. What kind of light box do you use? i am in the market for one and I want to make sure I get a good one!

Smiles,
Janna