Sunday, November 16, 2008

Shiny Reindeer


This was just made because I had an idea in my head (no challenge for this one). Lots of shine here with embossed snowflakes and gold glitter pen on various parts of the Reindeer image. This fabulous image is a PIF from Turtlescrapper (Thanks Jaclyn!).

First, I made a mask (see illustration below) for a hill. I held that in place to mark off where the sky would end. I stamped snowflakes using my Virsamark pad and embossed in clear. I then sponged Soft Sky into the sky area. When I was done, I used a paper towel to clean any ink off the snowflakes. Then I started moving that mask down into the snow area and sponged a soft line of Soft Sky along the top of the mask (see illustration below again). This is another painting trick: You want the peak of the snow drift to be white and the blue is used to create a shadow behind your snow drift. When I paint snowdrifts, I even turn my painting upside down to make this easier. Where’s the Blue Bayou? On the outer edge of the bottom most white layer….it needed just a little more kick!



How I Color

How I Get my Layers to Line Up - Cut then Ink technique

Stamps: Whipper Snapper Rodney Reindeer, Merry & Bright
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor Pencils and baby oil, gold glitter pen, Virsamark pad, clear detail embossing powder, heat gun


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG I love it - it is so cool what you did w/ the landscaping on the paper!!!! Looks great!