Sunday, November 2, 2008

BIL's Bday


How come if birthday's come every year and I make cards all the time, I can't get the two things in synch?!?! Here I find myself in a rush to make a card that absolutely must go in the mail tomorrow.

I made this in about 30 minutes which is SUPER fast for me. And I'm working on only 4 hours of sleep after DD's slumber party last night (Thanks Chat Chicks for helping me stay awake last night!). I love to use regular images and turn them into silhouettes. This deer image is a PIF from Mawood. Thanks!

I colored the deer image in with a black Copic marker and added a few white hightlights. I cut the deer out and set it aside.

Next I took my Whisper White cardstock and used the Easy Sunset Technique to brayer on Baja Breeze and Pacific Point at an angle. I next sponged Night of Navy in the upper right corner (I would have liked to brayer this but I only have a spot - not a full sized ink pad). Finally, I sponged Basic Black in the very top right corner, along all the edges, and heavily across the bottom. I also "smeared" the Basic Black upward along the bottom to give the illusion of grass. Finally I stamped the pine tree from Lovely as a Tree a couple of times in Basic Black. I would have liked to have worked on the transitions between colors a bit more but I have to get this done!

I glued the deer onto my main panel and attached it to a Pacific Point card back and hurried that baby into the mail!

Don't forget, there is still time to enter for my blog candy here.

PS: I found Glideabella's missing ponytail from the other day....stuck to a pair of scissors! Ha!

Stamps: Noble Deer, Lovely as a Tree
Paper: Pacific Point, Whisper White
Ink: Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Night of Navy, Basic Black
Accessories: Black Copic, White Prismacolor pencil


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
"Queen of the Scene"

No comments: