Tuesday, November 11, 2008

FS92 Chilly



This is my 2nd post today so be sure you read down. As soon as I saw this card by Wendy Bell, I immediately thought “ornament” and I ran with this from there.

This was created for Featured Stamper challenge FS92. The three things I changed are:

1. Theme from Summer to Winter
2. Black ribbon and layered DP to silver
3. Sketch

I made icicles with the Stickles by using a toothpick to pull them down. Here is a closeup.



Colored my usual way with Copics and Prismacolor pencils and cut the houses out for attaching later. The landscape was created by masking off the white snow area, sponging Soft Sky 2/3 of the way up and then sponging Baja Breeze down into the Soft Sky. If there is any line showing, I go back with the Soft Sky and blend up into the Baja Breeze area again. Next I stamped that cold North wind swirling around in Whisper White ink. I let it dry a bit and then ran only the blue sky part of the cardstock thru the Snowflake embossing folder.

Stamps: Neighborhood Wheel, MFT Home for the Holidays, Autumn Leaves Swirls VI
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Silver from Mike’s
Ink: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils and baby oil, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Snowflakes , Crystal Stickles, Versamark pad, silver embossing powder, circle punch, tag and silver cording sources unknown


Enjoy!
Michelle B. aka “Queen of the Scene”

1 comment:

JenMarie said...

Oh Michelle, this is totally FABU! LOVE IT!!!!