Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fall Picnic


Ah, we just had a few beautiful days of 70 degree weather here in St. Louis, Missouri. This is unusual for us but much appreciated. The warm weather with leaves on the ground inspired this card. The main image is a PIF from sbs81 (Thanks Stephanie!).

I've been busy the last couple of days doing some custom painting work for a friend so I am finally finding time to do a few challenges. This was created for the OCCC Challenge for coloring and also Sketch Challenge 201.

I colored this lovely lady my usual way with Copics and Prismacolor pencils and cut her out.

I used my usual cut then ink technique to prep the background. The sky is sponged in Soft Sky with Baja Breeze shading (yep, the brayer is upstairs again and I’m too lazy to go get it). The grass is sponged in Kiwi Kiss with Old Olive shading. I used a torn piece of paper to mask the two areas.

I stamped a little wind swirl with Baja Breeze and then stamped leaves in various places around the background, mostly moving from top left to bottom right. Assemble with the layers of Tangerine Tango cardstock and I’m done! This is one of those cards I just stared at for a while when it was done….that means I really like it!

Stamps: Sarah Kay Picnic of Daisies, PTI Out on a Limb Revised, Autumn Leaves Swirls VI
Paper: Tangerine Tango
Ink: Baja Breeze, Soft Sky, Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango, More Mustard
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils & baby oil, white gel pen, blender pen


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

No comments: