Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Christmas at the Cabin


Can’t you just see yourself walking up to the cabin? Snow on the ground, frost in the windows, and the Christmas tree glowing in the light of the fire inside?

This was created for today’s color challenge CC192. I think I’m getting this color challenge thing – this one wasn’t so painful for me! Ha! I saw someone else use the Distressed Stripes EF the other day for siding and I thought it was fabulous! Now I can't remember who (really need to start writing those down!) Sorry!

To Make: I cut the center out of a piece of grey cardstock for the window. I embossed with the Distressed Stripes embossing folder. I sponged Whisper White across the stripes and a bunch across the bottom for snow. I also added glitter pen to the top of the snow mounds. I stamped the tree, colored my usual way with Copics and Prismacolor pencils. I masked the tree off and sponged Summer Sun darker close to the tree and let it fade as I moved away from the tree. I placed the tree behind the "cabin" so it was "inside". I added a couple of strips of grey for the window panes. I added "frost" to the window in the lower left corners with some light Whisper White sponging and glitter pen. Mount it all on Pacific Point cardstock to finish.

Stamps: CC_Designs Sugarplums Christmas Scene
Paper: Pacific Point, Mike’s dark grey similar to Going Grey
Ink: Whisper White, Summer Sun
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils and baby oil, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Distressed Stripes, glitter pen


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

No comments: