Friday, November 21, 2008

6 Soccer Cards



Well the good news is that I FINALLY was able to get Dress Up Billy and Billy & Lilly's Accessories stamps (because I had the cash on the same day my favorite store had both stamp sets in stock). The bad news is that I had to make 6 soccer cards and I hate to mass produce - Blech! 3 Billy cards were made for my DS's soccer coaches and 3 Lilly cards were made for my DD's soccer coaches.

I brayered the sky in Baja Breeze and added a little Blue Bayou in the upper corners. The ground was sponged in Wild Wasabi with a little Old Olive to the lower corners. Of course, I used a mask to mark off the areas where I didn't want ink (see below for more on that). Then I removed the mask and just free hand sponged Old Olive in a circular motion to get that greenery where the sky meets the ground. I like how it created a shadow under the bushes when I ran into the Wild Wasabi areas. It needed a little texture so I stamped some leafy shapes with my Kittie Kit. I drew a white line for the bounds of the soccer fields with a white gel pen.

The kid's uniforms were colored to match what their team's wore. I had to "frankenstein" Lilly a bit (I mean I used body parts from different stamps). I thought Lilly's body needed to be toughened up a bit so I used Billy's body with Lilly's head. I also removed Lilly's earrings - we are always reminding our girls to remove their earrings before the game.

The main panel was cut into 3 pieces, a layer of Summer Sun was inserted. I drew in the little marks for the foot kicking and the ball flying, and finally stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy to finish. Shew.

Now whenever I have to mass produce something, I create a "jig" (I guess I've watched too much Norm Abram & This Old House on TV!). I mark on a scrap of paper where my main panel (or item to be stamped) goes. Then I mark the position of my mask for the ground in this case. Other times, I mark where the borders of the stamp block go. This helps me quickly line the image up each time without having to rethink. Here's a messy pic of what I'm talking about (I use scrap paper until it dies!).













Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Dress Up Billy, Pink Cat Studio Lilly & Billy Accessories, Kittie Kit Cause a Scene Outdoor Master
Paper: Night of Navy, Summer Sun, Whisper White
Ink: Baja Breeze, Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi, Old Olive, Night of Navy
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils & baby oil, white gel pen, ½” circle punch



Enjoy!
Michelle B.
"Queen of the Scene"

No comments: