Friday, October 3, 2008

Jeff’s Bday #2


This was inspired by a photo I saw on the internet of our local motorcycle shop. I thought the HB (for Happy Birthday) instead of HD (for Harley-Davidson) was kinda funny!

This motorcycle image was received ages ago from SF9erFan (Thanks Michelle!) over on the PIF images thread.

The “corrugated metal roof” is metallic silver paper I ran thru the crimper. The “window” is watercolor paper with some River Rock ink applied loosely in a diagonal pattern with my aquapen (keeping the center lighter than the edges). I tried a couple of colors before I decided on River Rock. It gave the warm and well lit feel I was looking for. The “sidewalk” was Going Gray ink in the center and then I worked in some black ink around the edges. Again, I kept the center light up against the building so it would appear the light of the building was spilling out a bit onto the sidewalk. I also drew the “cracks” in the sidewalk with my fine black marker and my usual sidewalk technique.

Now I said I was going to let DH vote on which card to send but I’ve changed my mind...this one is DEFINITELY the right one to send!

Stamps: Motorcycle unknown, HB was a TAC freebie with purchase
Paper: Tangerine Tango, Black, Watercolor, Silver metallic paper from Mike’s
Ink: Black, Going Gray, River Rock
Accessories: Copics, Aquapen, fine black marker, crimper,


Enjoy!
Michelle B.

No comments: