Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Gift For You


Don’t you just love the water on this little guy’s toes? Here we have a double challenge card for sketch challenge SC197 and High Hopes Challenge # 2 (use blue, green, brown). I normally don’t do color challenges because I just can’t do a scene with so few colors. Because this one just said “blue” instead of a particular blue, I felt that I could do a variety of blues and complete the scene.

This cute image was received from Anemone (Thanks Kelly!) over at the PIF images thread.

I did my usual Cut then Ink Technique to get my layers to line up. The Easy Sunset Technique was used for the sky. Everything else is sponged and stamped.

Stamps: High Hopes Froggy Gift, Papertrey Ink Pond Life, The Stampin Place Water Ripples
Paper: River Rock, Whisper White
Ink: Blue Bayou, Night of Navy, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Black, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencil & baby oil, white gel pen


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

1 comment:

Dina Kowal Creative said...

I came to your blog from this card posted on SCS....so inspired and have just subscribed to your blog and gone through alllllllllll your posts to bookmark favorites. Watercoloring is one of my favorite coloring methods, but I just really really love to color in general. Love scene stamping too! Anyway...wanted to let you know that I'm a new fan...come over and visit my blog if you want - it's at http://mamadinis.blogspot.com .....

Thanks for sharing your work!
Dina K.
(dini on SCS)