Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hollywood Bday


First – clearly I need to learn how to photograph shiny things…sorry!

Today’s featured stamper, Ink-E, had this card in her gallery that gave me my inspiration. When I saw Ink-E’s card, it totally reminded me of this Hollywood idea I’ve had in my sketch book for a few days now.

I changed:
1. The words
2. The bright color (from pink to blue)
3. The sketch (I used SC191)

I did my usual Cut then Ink Technique to get my layers to line up. I used a torn piece of paper as a mask to separate the sky from the land. I brayered Pacific Point on the top. I sponged Black on the bottom. I also sponged some Night of Navy onto the top. I stamped the stars with my Virsamark pad and embossed with silver. I stamped the sentiment in Whisper White. The palm trees were stamped in black, colored in with Copics, and then a bit of white gel pen was added to hightlight. The “HB” was cutout on my Cricut and then a fine line of Copic gray went around some of the edges to shadow. I then assembled onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock (are you shocked I used white?)

Stamps: The Stampin Place Palm Tree, Stampendous Many Messages, Holiday Tag Team
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Pacific Point, Night of Navy, Black, Whisper White
Accessories: Copics, Silver embossing powder & versamark pad, Cricut, white gel pen


Enjoy!
Michelle B.
“Queen of the Scene”

2 comments:

Linda Crowder said...

I tried to find a way to email you, but have to do this. In your newsletter, after the words: Today and Featured, there appear some kind of a symbol that I just cannot figure out. It isn't a smiley or a wink. So, I hit the link to your site to ask you what it is, and lo and behold, on your post it doesn't even show up. Do you know what the symbol is and why it is on your post in the newsletter but not the same post in your blog? Just interesting. Linda Crowder

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Hi Linda. Thanks for letting me know that there may be a problem. I looked at the email I received and between Today and Featured I have an apostrophe and a letter S and it looks normal on the newsletter sent to my email. Wonder if that is a "secret computer code" for some kind of symbol on certain emails? I dunno. Sorry if I caused anyone any problems.